Basalt Yarns & Twisted Yarns
We are offering a broad range of yarns and twisted yarns. Our products can be designed for different resin systems including epoxy, vinyl ester and polyester. Paraffin based yarn can also be supplied. Please contact us to check the actually availability.
The twisting process
The primary cakes are rewound by means of special equipment using a certain predetermined twist direction and number of twists per meter. Yarns twisted in one direction are called single yarns, and those twisted to the right and left are called S-twist yarn and Z-twist yarn respectively.
Several single yarns twisted together are called plied or balanced yarns. Single and plied yarns are used selectively according to purpose.
Processing and applications
Basalt twisted yarns are mainly recommended for further textile processing into different types of fabrics, tapes, ropes, sleeves, geotextile, etc.
|Filament diameter, µm||10||11||13|
|Single yarn, tex||68, 90||100||150|
|Twisting||68×2, 68x2x4, 90×2||100×2, 100×3, 100x2x3||150×2|
|Spinning per m||28-120||28-150||28-150|
|Sizing||für EP, PF, UP, VE||für EP, PF, UP, VE||für EP, PF, UP, VE|
FThe actually availability of yarns and twisted yarns can you check in our Online-Shop.
The basalt core yarn is a centric core filament as construction of basalt roving or basalt yarn encased by the staple fibers such as aramid, polyamide, polypropylene or other fibers. It is also possible to use two or more core filaments e.g. metal, aramids, PA, PES, PP. Various staple fiber qualities can be blended or used for a layered yarn construction. Applications of core yarns are e.g. production of woven fabrics, knitted goods.
Basalt Core Yarns for Composites Applications
- Yarn Properties
- Core / shell structure with a central position of the reinforcing basalt yarn or roving
- Reinforcing filament untwisted e.g. basalt direct roving for best strength utilization
- High strength and low elongation
- Definable fiber-matrix fraction
- Protection of the reinforcing fibers through the staple fibers
- Lowered melting point
- Various colors of surface possible
Basalt Yarns for Heat and Flame-Resistant Textiles
- good teperature resistance
- High strength and elongation
- Good care properties, skin-friendly
Yarn fineness- in Nm 6/1 – 167 tex
Core – basalt fiber filament
Surface – M-Aramid, Preox or Viscose FR fibers
Yarns as Asbestos Substitutes
- High yarn volume
- good temperature resitance
- High tensile strength and low elongation
Yarn fineness – in Nm 3/1 – 333 tex
Core – Basaltfilament / Edelstahldraht
Surface – P-Aramid und Preox Fasern
Conductive Yarns for Smart Textiles
- Good conductivity of core
- Good insulation of surface
- Yarn can be dyed
- High tensile strenght through glas filament
Yarn fineness – in Nm 8/1 – 125 tex
Core -copper filament + basalt filament
Surface – Viscose fibers
Technical Data Sheets: DOWNLOAD