Basalt reinforcing mesh for roads with opened and closed cell
Basalt reinforcing mesh is designed for reinforcing road and highway overlays to prolong the pavement lifespan by reducing the effects of reflective cracking caused by traffic loading, age hardening and temperature cycling. Pavement life between maintenance can be prolonged significantly. Basalt reinforcing mesh makes it possible to reduce thickness of asphalt concrete pavement up to 20%.
Incotelogy GmbH offers two different types of basalt reinforcing mesh for roads: with open and also with closed cells.
Advantages and benefits:
- Higher mechanical strength and modulus, more resistive to chemical aggressive environment than E-glass mesh
- The melting point of basalt fibers is over 1450°C. Typical paving temperatures will not cause any loss of strength or distortion which may occur with synthetic material
- Lower application temperature than for synthetic material that is especially important for north regions
- Lower elongation before brake than for synthetic material
- Easily milled using typical milling equipment. Does not stretch and pull as polymer meshes
- No special equipment is required to install the reinforcement
- Basalt mesh is environment friendly and based on naturally occurring material that is found worldwide